The Privacy Practice provides bespoke consultancy service in Privacy and Data Protection.
It specialises in Strategic Privacy Positioning, Integrated Privacy Systems and Data Breach Management. The services include: reviews and reports on extant privacy policies, Data Protection processes, training and compliance systems and the creation of bespoke business orientated Integrated Privacy Systems (IPS).
Data Breach Management
Data Breach Recovery
- Providing advice during, and in the immediate aftermath, of a data breach. The coordination of compliance, corporate HQ, press and PR, IT, information security and affected operational units. Advice is also provided on appropriate interactions with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data Breach – Prevention and Preparation
- Reviewing the preparedness of the company’s systems designed to cope with a data breach. Particular emphasis is placed on the preparation undertaken by the likely key players inside the company and the coordination amongst them. A range of scenario rehearsals can be created from a “close-to-real-time” test of systems, through to a simple hypothetical test.
Integrated Privacy Systems
Creation of Compliance systems
- The Privacy Practice advocates the creation of Integrated Privacy Systems that embed Privacy and Data Protection compliance into the operations of a business. Such a compliant system can be designed “from the bottom up” or as an addition to existing mechanisms. Traditional compliance models can also be created to a client’s requirements.
Training – Audit, Programme design and delivery
- Training audits: a review of the company’s training needs and/or its present training programme, in order to ensure maximum likelihood of compliance with the Data Protection Act and best practice.
- Training programmes designed for your circumstances: number of staff, type of data processed, the nature of your industry sector.
- We can arrange the creation of bespoke online training or deliver face to face training.
Privacy impact assessments
- The creation of bespoke Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) appropriate for your business sector and needs.
- The operalisation of PIAs. As well as designing your PIAs we will help you embed them in your business to ensure they are effective.
- Bespoke audits are created according to the client’s specific needs, taking into account such factors as size, industry and nature of personal data held.
- Systems audits: created to review the efficiency and effectiveness of a company’s present DP compliance systems.
Strategic Privacy Positioning
As Privacy and Data Protection become more significant to regulators, boards and the public at large, it is becoming increasingly important for companies to integrate privacy into their strategic thinking. We help companies take the costs of Data Compliance and see how their strategy can make Privacy a profit centre.